Finding a child care provider who meets the needs of both you and your child is one of the most important things that you will ever do for your child and his/her future. Remember, DO YOUR RESEARCH! Take your time in selecting the care option that is best for your family, and then take your time in making your selection.
This resource, Is this the right place for my child? is a quality checklist you can use to assist in your screening process.
If you become concerned about....
- the cleanliness of the home or center;
- the safety of the home or center;
- the treatment of the children;
- the adult caring for your child;
- the program, equipment or activities of the home or center
You can Make a Complaint online, by fax or telephone.
You can request any information that the State of Michigan maintains on a licensed or registered child care provider by accessing the Freedom of Information Act Process for the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs